Page 1 of 5[123 Last

Your SOUP recipes ~ needed now!!

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Nov/09/2007 11:36 AM PST

It's time for the big ol' Soup Pot to come out of storage (not that mine is ever IN storage). Haul out those soup-time-favorites and share!!
CAJUN HAMBURGER SOUP
1# lean ground beef (I sometimes add Italian sausauge too)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 quarts water
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
3 cups cabbage, shredded
3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
1 15-oz can great northern beans, drained
1 can Italian tomato soup (or regular tomato)
1 4-oz can sliced mushrooms
1 cup carrots, sliced
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
3 chicken bouillon cubes
2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. black pepper
1 bay leaf
In that big ol' soup pot, brown ground beef with onion and drain.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, one hour or until veggies are to your ideal tenderness.
Discard bay leaf and serve.
10 servings
Feel free to add or delete veggies according to your liking. This is not TOO hot and spicy ~ also depending on your taste buds.
Enjoy!!
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Nov/09/2007 11:52 AM PST

Here's another good one. I brought this to our Master Gardener class on a chilly day and they went crazy. Had to print off dozens of copies of the recipe. This is one of those straight-from-the-pantry recipes, so I call it
SNOWED-IN TACO SOUP
1# Lean ground beef
1 can black beans
1 can red beans
1 can black-eyed peas
1 can cut green beans
1 can corn
1 small onion, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can chopped green chiles
2 cups water
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
1 Tbs. chili powder
In that big ol' soup pot, brown beef and drain.
Drain and rinse all canned beans and corn, and add to soup pot.
Add all remaining ingredients, and stir to mix well.
Simmer, covered, for one hour.
Note ~ all cans (except green chiles) are 15-oz size. Mix and match bean types to your liking. Clean out that pantry!!
You cannot wreck this recipe. I have thrown all in the crockpot and left to simmer all day. If you have vegetarian friends, leave the meat out. I serve this with side choices so folks can make their own "taco bowl". Set out shredded cheese, corn chips, raw onion, jalapenos, black olives, sour cream ~ use your imagination.
Enjoy!
Jules photos
Posted: Nov/14/2007 2:59 PM PST

This is the weight watchers, no point’s soup that some say is the secret to their weight-loss success. Cook up a pot and keep in the fridge for snacks or an appetizer. I freeze in serving sizes, so that I can thaw and eat for lunch!!!!

VEGETABLE SOUP
(Weight Watchers Recipe)

2 medium garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
2 medium carrots, diced
1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
1 medium stalk celery, diced
2 small zucchini, diced
2 cup green cabbage, shredded
2 cup Swiss chard, chopped
2 cup cauliflower, small florets
2 cup broccoli, small florets
2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
6 cup vegetable broth
2 tablespoons parsley or chives, fresh, chopped
½ teaspoon table salt, or to taste
¼ teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, optional

Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat – reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes

Stir in parsley or chives – season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.

Yields about 12 one cup servings
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Nov/15/2007 3:40 AM PST

Oh wow, yum ~ no fat, no carbs. I will try this. Gosh, I love soup. Now if I can only hold back from adding PASTA!!
AngelsGarden blog photos
Posted: Nov/15/2007 7:46 PM PST

Here is a Pumpkin Soup recipe that we tried a couple of days ago. We made it for a pumpkin tasting in my daughters kindergarten class. I was not fond of it at all but the teachers and almost all of the students loved it! They kept coming back for more until it was completely gone. My sister in law (she works as the aid in this class) has now insisted that this soup has to be one of the dishes that I bring to Thanksgiving Dinner. At least if I make this I won't be sneaking too many tastes while I am making it.

Pumpkin Soup

2 Tbsp. butter
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
salt
pepper
Tonys Cajun Seasoning
Dried ground sage
Dried parsley

Sautee onion and celery in butter, on medium heat until translucent. Add garlic, pumpkin, and 1 cup of chicken broth. Puree in blender, return to pan. Add remaining broth and bring to a simmer, stirring often so pumpkin does not scorch. Add cream and seasonings, heat through. All seasonings are to taste, it doesn't take much, just a little sprinkle of each. Also the pumpkin, broth or cream could be adjusted to taste as well.
KeyWee blog photos
Posted: Nov/16/2007 3:42 AM PST

You know, I'm not a huge pumpkin fan, but that soup does sound really good. The Cajun seasoning is what hooked me!
That's one of the drawbacks of being a cook ~ you sometimes have to make what you don't really care for. I always get asked to bring dessert ~ ack!
AngelsGarden blog photos
Posted: Nov/16/2007 5:44 AM PST

I love the dessert dept! I also have to bring some of that this year. Maybe Pumpkin or another flavor of cheesecake. I have some quick and easy recipes too, they are delicious. If anyone needs some I will be happy to share.

BTW, I can't live without that Tony's Cajun Seasoning!
grannylee blog
Posted: Feb/07/2008 5:24 AM PST

Use it up Soup

Some frozen meat leftovers
grannylee blog
Posted: Feb/07/2008 5:26 AM PST

Hey, this didn't post right
biyu_wolf_77 blog photos
Posted: Mar/05/2008 8:23 PM PST

i do lots of baked goods (even and including mereunges) ut ive a ballpark recepie fer french onion soup thats rather good(some ideals came from fridays an rubytuesdays tho really anywhere i have good soup ill grab something from it) its souppousted ta be rathjer quick too

bascally

1 saute chopped onions till desired (i like mine golden brown some dont) with butter

2 heat and mix 6 cups water (we use ice moutain bottled water i think its 3 sport bottles) with 7 cubes beef bullion (we use wylers i think 1 cube=1 cup) bring to boil

3 add appropiate wine (burgandy i think) to taste proubly 1/4 cup i usially dont measure boozes (add to step 2 should be seperate from step 1)

4 add step 1 an mixture from 2-3 together at this time you may need to add a pinch or 2 of gravy mix to thicken it up alittle

you will then have simple french onion

--side tips with the things we use here fer serving french onion jimmy johns day old bread works great fer those bread pieces under thhe cheese another tip broiler is friend but WATCH IT i mean ive gottenm good where if im in the kitchen ill just know when ta look an its done

enjoy
Page 1 of 5[123 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account