Page 1 of 1[1]

Name brand fertilizer

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
Judomi blog photos
Posted: Sep/10/2007 5:01 PM PST

Does any one know the name of a name brand fertilizer that has low phosporus? I'm trying to find the right fertilizer for my tropical hibiscus. The ratio numbers are 9-3-13, 10-4-12, and 12-4-18.I've tried a few nursery departments but I haven't found it.
EvonneStoryteller photos
Posted: Sep/10/2007 7:56 PM PST

MANURE!?

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/VH025

The article at the link states that organic plant and animal manure is low in phosphorus.

You will also find that some lake associations get together and purchase low phosphorus fertilizers because it is good for the lake. If you are near a farmers' cooperative, that might be a good bet too. Perhaps an agricultural college, if there is one nearby, can also offer some guidance on where to find a more commercial fertilizer.

I checked a list I found in another state (besides NY) and they list a lot of hardware stores that carry low phosphorus fertilizers. A lot of them were True Value Hardware stores. If you have one near you, that might be worth a try. Low phosphorus should be clearly indicated on the label. I am under the impression that not a lot of places have it.
butterfly1 photos
Posted: Sep/11/2007 8:10 AM PST

I would be careful putting out fertilizer now only because it will be cooling off soon.
Judomi blog photos
Posted: Sep/13/2007 5:05 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by EvonneStoryteller
MANURE!?

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/VH025

The article at the link states that organic plant and animal manure is low in phosphorus.

You will also find that some lake associations get together and purchase low phosphorus fertilizers because it is good for the lake. If you are near a farmers' cooperative, that might be a good bet too. Perhaps an agricultural college, if there is one nearby, can also offer some guidance on where to find a more commercial fertilizer.

I checked a list I found in another state (besides NY) and they list a lot of hardware stores that carry low phosphorus fertilizers. A lot of them were True Value Hardware stores. If you have one near you, that might be worth a try. Low phosphorus should be clearly indicated on the label. I am under the impression that not a lot of places have it.

You are correct, not a lot of places have it. The True Value Hardware Stores in my area don't carry it. I'll have to check on line sources.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account