Page 19 of 20 First 17181920 Last

Tell me about your state..

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
txrose blog photos
Posted: Jul/01/2008 8:42 AM PST

Yes, my three little piglets are cool too! Couldn't wouldn't wanta try to live without them! LOL of course I was only joking (above)I couldn't resist it.

About Texas: I like the Tomato Festival, The Yamboree, The Peach festival, The balloon race in longview, the coastline 600 miles of it and one part down south you can go out and there is no one else around it's awesome!, I'm glad to now live in the Pineywoods region although I could live anywhere in Texas and be happy. I like the "Texas Pride" you will surely see in most people who live here it used to annoy me but now I think it has value. Since my Dad is gone now I meet a lot of folks in their 60+ years of age and really REALLLY listen to them..wish that everyone would value the older generation they really are invaluable (valuable beyond estimation ) a resource we should listen to everyday! there is so much about Texas I'll have to keep posting a little now and then
My Dad's generation learned by doing..they're smart little cookies!
Aurora blog photos
Posted: Jul/01/2008 12:43 PM PST

I live in the wonderful Commonwealth of Virginia. I'm in the Southeast portion of the state known as either the Tidewater or Hampton Roads- I live about 15 miles from the beach at Va. Beach, and about an hour south of Williamsburg and Busch Gardens.
Moved here in 1998, and rapidly came to love it here. We have the distinction of living in the 9th most humid city in America! Also probably one of the noisiest in terms of military helicopters and jet fighters And since my particular location used to be swamp, some serious mosquitos and other nasty biting bugs.
I love the Neptune Festival, Harbor Fest, Azalea Fest, and any other reason to have fun and swelter in the heat and humidity
judypatuddy blog photos
Posted: Jul/01/2008 5:38 PM PST

What's not to like about Missouri. The weather changes....we have all four seasons.....sometimes, in the same day. The Flowering dogwood is the state tree....the Hawthorn is the state flower. The bluebird,the state bird. Here,on the border of Mo. and Arkansas,there is lots of water. Mostly a tourist spot. Resorts are plentiful. Pristine water, condusive to diving and water skiing. We are 50 miles east of Branson. What a place. I was born and raised in St.Louis, but I love this part of the state.
txrose blog photos
Posted: Jul/02/2008 7:09 AM PST

Texas has the largest municipal rose garden in the United States, the Tyler Rose Garden. The only place in the world where they make Dr. Pepper according to the original formula is in Dublin, Texas.
Texas is so large that it had the right to divide into 4 states in addition to the original Texas. That legal right still remains true. Its the only state in the Union that was once its own country.
Funny statement by one of my clients yesterday from PA was that everything here said "Texas" in the signage It's so true..guess its that Texas pride thing again examples: "Texas Size____" "Home of the Texas Whopper" "Texas BBQ" "Texas Sausage" "Texas Trail Rides"
carolyncat353 blog photos
Posted: Jul/13/2010 12:16 PM PST

Now our shores are covered in oil (not suntan oil, either), our oyster/fishing/shrimping industry is dying, people are losing jobs and the economy here is in a deep hole... But we still have some untouched rivers, and we can still cook anything and make it taste good!
bsmitch blog photos
Posted: Jul/13/2010 5:17 PM PST

No oil in Lake Cumberland. Kentucky is suffering from unemployment, but everyone tries to help each other.
Betts blog photos
Posted: Oct/04/2010 4:08 PM PST

I have always thought of California having a little bit of every state within it's boundaries...snow, desert, wetlands, rainforest, mountains, coastline and way too much concrete!!
mitzilou-2 blog photos
Posted: Jun/20/2011 6:26 PM PST

It's overflowing with REDNECKS!!! (Kentucky)

sorry just had to get that off my chest!

Attachments:

bsmitch blog photos
Posted: Jun/21/2011 6:56 AM PST

In Kentucky you will see this planter in a lot of your neighbor's yards.

Attachments:

SarahJane blog photos
Posted: Jun/22/2011 7:51 PM PST

New York State has the Catskill Mountains, where Rip Van Winkle after a day of gaming and drinking slept for Twenty years.

Attachments:

Page 19 of 20 First 17181920 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account