Page 1 of 1[1]

What is a good, spreading groundcover for flower beds?

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
sherlener blog photos
Posted: May/17/2007 11:37 AM PST

I originally put this on a blog but then I found forums. I have a flower bed (72 ft long x 16 ft wide) in the front of my property that is the first thing people see when they come down my road. I have lots of bulbs planted in it because initially I wanted it to be sort of a "hassle free" bed, but the weeds seem to like the bed as much as I do and I don't have time to weed. Can anyone suggest a spreading ground cover that will choke out my weeds but not my flowers. Or do you have any other suggestions. The bed gets sun from 12:00 till about 8:00. Thanks
RKayne blog photos
Posted: May/17/2007 11:41 AM PST

Hi there, and Welcome to the Forums! I personally am fond of oregenos and thymes, there are several varieties that are great creepers and easy to maintenance. They have an added benefit of being tasty as well
roachman
Posted: May/17/2007 11:58 AM PST

If you want something different, go with Strawberries.
sherlener blog photos
Posted: May/17/2007 12:04 PM PST

Thank you for the advice, I just spoke with a friend of mine that delivers plants and he is going to give me some of the herbs he has. I am also going to try chives. I figure anything looks better than the fescue that is there right now.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account