Page 1 of 1[1]

Planter help!!!!!

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
moneybags photos
Posted: May/09/2007 2:54 AM PST

Our porch gets sun most of the day. Hubby wants me to do planters for it, what plants will keep most of the summer and look good also. I'm always have trouble with the heat killing plants there as the siding makes it even warmer than it is, any help would be great, thanks Karen.
RKayne blog photos
Posted: May/09/2007 8:10 AM PST

I had a lot of luck with Coleus and Sage as long as I watered them daily, also had a few Hot Peppers (ornamental Thai Peppers that tasted great )that did well too!
butterfly1 photos
Posted: May/09/2007 9:59 AM PST

I have a porch that gets full sun also. I planted angelonia white, red verbene and pototoe vine. All these plants are heat tolerant. They have only been planted a week.
I two hanging baskets that I put the supertunias in but they like more water.
HTH
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: May/09/2007 2:18 PM PST

Look for tags that say "heat tollerant" or "drout tollerant". I can't think of any off the top of my head but I know I have seen several as I have been looking for my new aquires this year.
plants photos
Posted: May/09/2007 3:35 PM PST

ya try lilys in planters or dyalilies, sunflowers and even some heat tolerant daisies that love it and just how the other post says look for heat tolerant or drought resistant flowers and tags
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account