Page 1 of 3[123 Last

Water or Coke

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
maggieevans photos
Posted: Apr/26/2007 10:44 PM PST

Water or Coke?

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population.)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
For almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
For up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
Memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
The computer screen or on a ! printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
Colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
Cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
Bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water
You should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries
Two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from
The highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke
And it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
Toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour,
Then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
Stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds
Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
A can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
Away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola
To the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
The baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
With the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke
Into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
Through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen
Grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
Windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1. the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric
Acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major
Contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the
Commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place
Cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean
Engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

Or Coke?
waltesar blog photos
Posted: Jul/25/2007 11:37 AM PST

#1 cause for crackiness in sarah - NO COKE! HA HA HA HA
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Jul/25/2007 11:44 AM PST

lol That number 7 under the water heading seems to apply to being on GG too long, too! I know it gives me problems periodically.
Both are remarkable creations.

Did you ever take CocaCola syrup for tummy aches? I remember my mom giving me that when I was a little kid.
AngelsGarden blog photos
Posted: Jul/25/2007 12:21 PM PST

I am certainly a water girl.

My dad works with an engineering co. that deals with foundations-dirt and such. He told me awhile back that there are hazardous waste laws about what can and cannot be poured down a drain, such as the kitchen sink. When tested Coke is on the hazardous side, therefore technically its not even supposed to be poured down the drain. I guess you had better finish every last drop.

Last year my husband had been drinking Coke, and gaining weight. When we started adding up the Calories that he was consuming, just in Coke, everyday it was about as much calories as I eat in a day (unless of course there is a chocolate cake in the house). When he stopped drinking Coke, the lbs. that he had put on just....went away.

Pregnancy books warn mothers agains drinking any carbonated beverages because of the calcium issue, not to mention the empty calories. The worst part for me is seeing other people that are in my extended family down Diet Cola (as if it were water) like crazy, over the last five years the pounds have just continued to pack on. Some studies say that it is the artificial sweeteners that cause you to crave food or other weird physical side affects.

We don't buy soda to have in the house now. Sometimes if we eat out we will have some but not too much. If I drink too much I end up getting a kidney infection. But maybe I am just sensitive, who knows.

Its like people can't see the forest for the trees, just because its everywhere doesn't mean you have to drink it all of the time!!!

OK I am getting off of my soapbox now.
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Jul/25/2007 12:26 PM PST

A lady I worked with had kidney stones and the doc told her not to drink carbonated stuff because of the calcium helping to produce kidney stones.
meska photos
Posted: Jul/25/2007 1:32 PM PST

I wish this thread could stay at the top because it is a stern reminder to me, and might be to others, to try to get off the coke and to drink more water. It's not that I drink, in my opinion, excessive amounts of coke a day, just one or on rare occasion 2,it's just that I drink so little water. I have to force myself to drink it, and usually I don't do that great of job forcing it. Sometimes it takes me 3 days to down a 16 oz. bottled water! That's just ridiculous. I turn over a new leaf for a little while and then go back. I have noticed, however, that it's been a little easier this summer because I've been outside much more than usual with my garden. I can usually drink one bottle of water in a day now, but it should be so much more, I know. I'm surprised that I don't have all sorts of kidney problems, but I don't.
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Jul/25/2007 3:26 PM PST

I had trouble with dehydration a few years ago so I'm pretty careful about it. I felt like I was at the gas station getting a fill up when I ended up in the hospital ill with IV's of saline getting pumped in me. I don't want that to happen again.

I have a cup by my sink and when I go in the bathroom I drink some water and then during the day I drink some periodically. It's a hard habit to get into when you aren't used to it, but it's a good one.
mbvirtue blog photos
Posted: Jul/25/2007 8:22 PM PST

I became an avid water drinker when I worked at UPS. It was either stay hydrated, or fall down! Seriously, in the summer heat, I'd down a couple of gallons in a four hour shift (I loaded and unloaded the semis and brown package trucks) and not pee once.
Now I'm outside (still driving) eight hours a day, and although my F-150 has air conditioning, I rarely use it, as I'm out of the truck and in the shops (which have no AC) so much. I tried the AC the first summer I worked at Body Shop Supply Company, and I actually got sick from all the temp changes.
There's always a water bottle on the dash, and I make myself at least sip after I'm done at each shop. That's still about a gallon a day. Guess I'm a fish, eh?
txrose blog photos
Posted: Aug/03/2008 10:26 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by meska
I wish this thread could stay at the top because it is a stern reminder to me, and might be to others, to try to get off the coke and to drink more water. It's not that I drink, in my opinion, excessive amounts of coke a day, just one or on rare occasion 2,it's just that I drink so little water. I have to force myself to drink it, and usually I don't do that great of job forcing it. Sometimes it takes me 3 days to down a 16 oz. bottled water! That's just ridiculous. I turn over a new leaf for a little while and then go back. I have noticed, however, that it's been a little easier this summer because I've been outside much more than usual with my garden. I can usually drink one bottle of water in a day now, but it should be so much more, I know. I'm surprised that I don't have all sorts of kidney problems, but I don't.

I agree it should stay at the top of the forum
I've been looking at the old posts trying to learn something (lol)found many repeat subjects and poems that were told before and posted recently interesting really so much I am up at 12:30 reading them still!!! This one hit home because I have to go to the ER sometimes because I forget to drink water and get dehydrated. That may sound funny but the ER bill isn't! I stand all day and cut hair rarely time to sit let alone think of getting a drink except maybe once in the day. I have to have a large bottle of water at my station to drink it and all my co-workers remind me to admitting they should drink more too.
We all should. When offered coke I always say its deadly...because it sucks the life right out of me and causes me to have allergic reactions.
DRINK MORE WATER
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Aug/04/2008 6:27 AM PST

Yeah, this was a good one to bump up. I get really weird thinking if I get dehydrated. Almost like an elevated pms. Since I know how it affects me now I try to keep the hydration up, but sometimes it just doesn't do a whole lot of good.

I mentioned to hubby that when it's super hot I seem to get more accomplished and he asked if I drank more water then. Yup, my metabolism runs faster with the cold water and I fly around like I've got 2 Alrrys instead of just one. lol
Page 1 of 3[123 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account