Page 1 of 1[1]

Hello hello!

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
herbavore
Posted: Apr/23/2007 12:20 PM PST

Hello hello to all the horticulturalists out there. I am trying to start a little herb garden for your basic herbs so that when I cook I can get them fresh! . I'm sure you all can reflect on the difference in taste when using fresh herbs vs the packaged stuff. I used to landscape for 5 years but now I'd like to grow my own herbs as I love to cook. I'm hoping you all will be able to share advice with me as to getting started and maintaining the herb garden!
sweetlebee blog photos
Posted: Apr/23/2007 12:55 PM PST

Hello to you, too! I'm a big fan of herbs. I like how easy they are to grow and how nice they make the garden look. I use them as edging in front of my roses. Now I have to learn how to cook with them! I'm always pinching off parts of my thyme, but most of my herbs I never touch. I used some garlic chives in a salad last night but never cut any at all last year!

I'm a NYer too. Are you from the City or upstate?
RKayne blog photos
Posted: Apr/23/2007 12:55 PM PST

Welcome to GG and I love my fresh herbs as well. One of my favorite tricks (that I finally get to do again this year!) is to plant parsley between my tomato's. It improves both of them!
herbavore
Posted: Apr/23/2007 1:24 PM PST

My apt is in the city but the place I'm setting up this herb garden is in Westchester.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account