Page 1 of 2[12 Last

Ordering Plants from Catalog

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
Hoeandhope blog photos
Posted: Mar/02/2007 12:37 AM PST

I got a Burgess Seed and Plant Co. catalog in the mail this week. The prices seem to be good with one flat price for shipping no matter how much your order is. My question is: Has anyone ever ordered from them and how would you rate their service?
Valerie
Posted: Mar/02/2007 12:44 AM PST

I've personally never ordered from that company. I always check www.gardenwatchdog.com before I order from any online gardening site. People list their experiences, good or bad, so you can decide if you wish to order or not. It's a must!
Hoeandhope blog photos
Posted: Mar/02/2007 12:52 AM PST

Thanks Valerie. I will check it out.
Gramps
Posted: Mar/22/2007 5:40 AM PST

Mickie, I don't think you would lose very much if the nursery did you wrong, unless you were ordering alot of seeds...like say alot of seeds for a whole greenhouse full of plants. I would also say this if I may...I think we all here on GG should give the sponcers of these forums first chance when it comes to ordering seeds and (or) plants. Just my opinion, as I have found these forums helpful and educational, and second to none, when it comes to finding out anything having to do with yardening. Just another one of my opinions, but a studied and learned opinion. I too am anxious to get things going and growing. Have a wonderful spring !!!
God bless,
Gramps N E KY
VBKatLou
Posted: Mar/22/2007 10:07 AM PST

I've ordered from Park Seeds, Burpee and usually get my bulbs from Dutch Gardens. The seeds and bulbs are fine, but I've also ordered bare root plants from all three and didn't have much luck with any of them.
Gramps
Posted: Mar/23/2007 4:56 PM PST

Well VB, at least you gave them first chance. I am like you, if I get bad seed or plants from a nursery and I get junk, or left-overs I will not order from that company again. Geautiful here today and I gotta get back outside. Well, at least I gave my dinner a chance to settle. lol

God bless,
Gramps N E KY
cazimere photos
Posted: Mar/23/2007 5:16 PM PST

I ordered seed online from Farnell Farm in the UK a couple years ago. They took my order and charged my credit card. After a few months had passed i contacted them about not receiving my order. I was told they couldn't ship my seed to the US. I was referred to a website where i could open a Pay Pal account to file for a refund. It was a non working site. I tried for days to open an account to get my money back. Finally gave up, before i trashed my computer in a fit of anger.
fozbot3 blog photos
Posted: Mar/23/2007 6:17 PM PST

i order from Pinetree Seeds and i've never been disappointed. they sell seeds for small gardens. there's not so many in a packet and their prices are much lower, of course. they also have a great rating on Garden Watchdog.
http://www.superseeds.com/
poeticpeony blog photos
Posted: Mar/23/2007 11:34 PM PST

I haven't ordered from them lately, but my dad ordered seeds form them many years ago and shared the seeds with me. They all grew really well. There was no problem with them.
shardeloes
Posted: Jul/28/2010 2:21 PM PST

This is a malicious blog. Farnell Farm have never taken credit card payments from anyone. We do not have the facility to take credit card payments. This is a lie. Paypal do not make refunds to people who have not made a payment using Paypal.Why would someone write such a malicious blog?
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account