Page 1 of 1[1]

Does anyone have a recipe for oyster dressing???Help!!

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
tomatoman223
Posted: Dec/19/2006 3:37 AM PST

My mother was up visiting my great aunt today and was bragging about the dressing that I made for Thanksgiving Dinner(have to admit,it was pretty tasty,humble person that I am,LOL).

She mentioned that her late husband always made oyster dressing for her every Christmas and how much she missed that.Mom piped up and said"I'll bet Mike could make that for you,he's a great cook".....and showed up tonight with a gallon of oysters,onions,celery....well,you get the picture.The main problem is I haven't EVER made oyster dressing(just the regular bread type)so I'm lost now

If'n anybody has a recipe,I sure would appreciate it.Sure do love my great aunt,but I've never made it before and don't want to disappoint her after mom bragged me up

Thanks!
Mainegal
Posted: Dec/19/2006 4:20 AM PST

Mike
I googled oyster dressing and lots of recipes came up
Good luck and let us know how you made out. Sorry I've never heard of if before
tomatoman223
Posted: Dec/19/2006 4:36 AM PST

Hi Laurie!

That was going to be my next step(google search).I have heard of it,but not being real fond of oysters to start with,just never came into my"recipe scope" until now,Lol!!!!

:dancing t
Zana
Posted: Dec/19/2006 4:50 AM PST

Okay Mike, this is one that I've made twice to rave reviews from those partaking. So I'll pass it on. I can't take credit for it. I found it on Allrecipes.com some time ago. Hope it helps you out.

Southern Cornbread Oyster Dressing
SUBMITTED BY: Barrett
"Try this Cajun style cornbread "stuffing" for your next Thanksgiving dinner."

Original recipe yield:
12 to 15 servings

INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup butter
1 red onion, chopped
4 green onions, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 cups crumbled cornbread
3 cups soft bread cubes
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 eggs, beaten
1 pint shucked oysters, drained with liquid reserved
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one 4 quart casserole dish.
2. Chop the oysters. Saute red onion, green onion, celery and oysters in 2 tablespoons of the butter until soft.
3. In a large bowl, combine cooked onion and oyster mixture with cornbread, bread cubes, parsley, eggs and 1/2 cup reserved oyster liquid. Gently toss to mix, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place dressing in casserole dish and dot with remaining butter. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown.

NUTRITION INFORMATION

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 404
Total Fat: 20.3g
Cholesterol: 170mg
Sodium: 682mg
Total Carbs: 41.1g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Protein: 14.6g

VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION

About: Nutrition Info