Page 2 of 2 First 12]

lavender plant is dying...

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
ldhoffmann blog
Posted: Aug/09/2011 8:31 AM PST

I am glad I found this site too !

I planted two lavender plants over a month ago, they are about 2 feet apart and in full sunshine. I water them when the soil seems dry and they were doing great. Suddenly one is almost totally dead. I don't have a dog. I bought them at a nursery. Perhaps one is just a dud ??? Help please !! Tks
tomvs
Posted: Aug/24/2011 5:53 AM PST

does the soil looks like being dig out? then it might be the Japanese beetle grubs that eat up the roots.
gardinee
Posted: Sep/12/2011 12:37 AM PST

I am new on this site and i am also dismayed at the look of five of my lavender plants going brown and looking dead,i am in nz,they have been there for 2yrs now and been ok,i did trim them back a bit,only about 6-12 inches,its all happened within a couple of days or so of trimming,they had litle gray leaves on before i trimmed them.
Be good to hear of any likewise experiances:
applePip
Posted: Dec/08/2011 1:14 AM PST

Hi Gardinee, I'm in Auckland and the same thing has happened to my beautiful lavender plants x 10 (previously healthy and lush). I need to inspect them closer as I've just read about Shab- which is a spore (airbourne disease) which causes the stem to go brown first, and then causes black spots (black spots on the stem). If it has this then the whole plant must be destroyed! (And carefully as spores spread easily). I must inspect my plants tomorrow in the light. Fingers crossed. Wish I hadn't read about this just before going to bed!
Page 2 of 2 First 12]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account