Page 1 of 1[1]

Grey dusty look on leaves

Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
Alice
Posted: Jun/07/2006 4:22 AM PST

I've not had this problem before with my roses but, both the rose bush and the climbling rose have like a grey dusty (perhaps mold) on the leaves. Could anyone tell me what this is and, what can I do about it??
Thanks
Alice
treeman blog photos
Posted: Jun/07/2006 10:20 AM PST

Powdery mildew.... you can use bordeaux mixture on it wis is classified as organic and should be available in a good garden center.
Billl1
Posted: Jun/08/2006 11:24 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by treeman
Powdery mildew.... you can use bordeaux mixture on it wis is classified as organic and should be available in a good garden center.

Wes : Would please give the proportions for the mixture you mentioned in the above quote for Powdery mildew.

Thanks

Bill
KarubaLuna
Posted: Jun/09/2006 6:22 AM PST

Hi there

I live in a very damp climate so I've had to learn to battle powdery mildew on roses on a regular basis. Garden centres will sell you different products you can spray on the leaves once you have mildew and there are less toxic more organically friendly ones commercially available.

Also, I find it best to water roses in the morning only and not to wet the leaves. Good air circulation is helpful too. If they are in an enclosed space and suffer constantly from powdery mildew you might want to move them somewhere a little more "breezy".

Good luck :broccoli:
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account