Page 1 of 1[1]

barbeque beef

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
ladystressout
Posted: Jun/05/2006 6:02 PM PST

Ok everyone need a easy and good recipe for barbeque beef? My hubby loves this stuff and I'm tired of buying it all the time for him.I think with all of you guys help I can make one myself? Do not want one made on the grill not good using that,but a slow cooker or on top of the stove will be great! Thank you
shinekeeper blog
Posted: Jun/06/2006 1:40 PM PST

Rita, it's really easy to just season a chuck roast with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder and slow cook it until tender...drain some juice if there's a lot...shred the meat with 2 forks and simply pour bottled BBQ sauce in until it's as "strong" as you like it. Montgomery Inn is real good.

I personally like pork BBQ better and use a pork loin and make my own sauce.
ladystressout
Posted: Jun/06/2006 2:29 PM PST

Hey! would you mind sharing your pork BBQ I rather make my own sauce if you know what I mean?Thank you Rita
shinekeeper blog
Posted: Jun/06/2006 3:02 PM PST

Well, I don't remember any of the amounts because I'm at work, but it goes something like this:

2 cups catsup
1 cup chili sauce
2 T onion powder (NOT salt)
1/2 C brown sugar
2T RedHot sauce
1/2 t smoke flavoring
1/4 C yellow mustard
1/4 C molasses
2 T cider vinegar

Put all in a saucepan and simmer very slowly for about a half hour. Please remember...I am not sure of the amounts, so you may want to go slow and try the taste of it. I worked with the recipe for quite a while before it was what I liked.

I buy a whole pork loin and trim some fat off, rub garlic salt, crushed red pepper and cut up an onion over top...put in slow-cooker with no added liquid and cook til fork tender. You can use some of the liquid that cooks up to add to the pulled pork if it seems dry, or drain it off.

Hope you like it and can figure it out.
ladystressout
Posted: Jun/06/2006 4:45 PM PST

Hello girl now got 2 questions what size pork roast and how long does it cook in the slow cooker?Low or high on slow cooker?It sounds so good got to give it a try thank you so much I already made of copy of it so when I go to the store can pick up a few items bye for now Rita
shinekeeper blog
Posted: Jun/06/2006 6:01 PM PST

I buy the long tenderloin roast...those wrapped in thick plastic, like at Kroger. They are the roasts the stores cut into pork chops. I'd say poundwise they are 3 or 4 lbs. If I am home and can check it, I cook on high and it takes about 4 hours, maybe(?) Could take 8 hours on slow, I'd say. It doesn't seem to hurt it to be a little overcooked.

I don't see any reason you couldn't use a regular bone-in roast...the amount of sauce for that recipe should be enough for most sizes.

I will check the recipe tonight (if my mind lets me remember!!) I think it is pretty close.

You know what else is good with this? I know you said you don't like to grill, but cut a fresh pineapple in thick slices and baste with apricot preserves, mustard and brown sugar mixed....soooo good and juicy with the pork.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account