Page 1 of 1[1]

Asian Lillies--Will They Bloom More Than Once Per Season?

Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
BarbraM
Posted: May/13/2006 8:29 PM PST

When I bought my asian lillies a few years ago, I was told if I removed the flowers when they were dead, they might re-bloom again in the summer. However, that has not happened.

Is there a way for this to happen? The first year, I pruned the flower off kind of like you do roses.

Last year, I just removed the petals and the yellow shoot, leaving the green part that kind of looks like a pepper, alone. They did not re-bloom either.

For anyone looking to plant Asian Lillies, I bought some at Wal-Mart that have been so-so for years. I then bought 3 at Home Depot (Stacy's brand), and they have flourished. They have probably quadrupled in size in 2 years, and right now, each of my plants has about 30-40 lillies blooming. They are asbolutely gorgeous, and very big as well.
fozbot3 blog photos
Posted: May/13/2006 9:23 PM PST

Asiatic lilies only bloom once a season in my zone. i kinda doubt they'll rebloom in any zone, tho.
BarbraM
Posted: May/14/2006 5:51 PM PST

Thanks.

Even if it is only once, they sure are nice to look at when they do bloom! At least now I know I'm not doing anything wrong.
Page 1 of 1[1]
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account