Page 1 of 3[123 Last

How was your day today?

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
smiley_face2 photos
Posted: Apr/29/2006 6:04 AM PST

It was one of those good days for me, couldn't sit down long enough to finish a whole cup of coffee!! got a lot done, both in the garden and the house, and grocery shopping too!! long day that started at 4:50 am. I love it when you get a lot done in a day. I have not great health so lot's of days are not good for me and I begin to think "am I getting lazy?" but then I have a day like today and get so much done, I wish I could feel this good every day!! I found a bunch of really neat bulbs on sale half price at Canadian Tire....4 things I've never even heard of or seen before!! they are all supposed to be planted now and into may for blooms in July, Aug,....I wonder why they were on sale already? :banana-wa
pennyandrusty
Posted: Apr/29/2006 3:31 PM PST

Smiley, did you find all the plants you wanted at CT yesterday? I feel the same way as you. Some days I just don't feel up to do anything, though I can't say it's due health problems all the time. Other days, I work all day long! Oh well, as long as things get done, it's all good. Going to water the gardens today as they keep promising rains, but I don't think they are coming. I've waitied since Tuesday, so the ground is quite dry by now.
smiley_face2 photos
Posted: Apr/30/2006 3:53 AM PST

today I was lazy!! too much yesterday! Still cooked dinner for everyone, and puttered around a bit though. I didn't find any of the plants I did want at CT but they had all there summer flowering bulbs on half price so I got 4 that I wanted but had not splurged on yet. I can't even remember the names, things I've never even seen before! now I have to get out and plant them! We had a fair bit of rain last evening and overnight. Today was beautiful but a little cool at only about 60F.
Briarwoods photos
Posted: Apr/30/2006 11:41 AM PST

Yesterday I weeded, turned over dirt for new beds, planted bee balm and lemon balm, moved some lillies, planted a tree, repotted some herbs and then once I got to the couch, I didn't move (nor could I!)
pennyandrusty
Posted: Apr/30/2006 10:56 PM PST

I went to the VanDusen annual garden sale. It opens at 10am and we got there a bit before 10. Well, the lineup snaked through the parking lot, around the corner and then down the city block!!!! I've never been to the annual sale, but that's some lineup. I saw people with wagons, wheelbarrows, recyling boxes and wondered why did they bring them. Then I realized why. There are lots of shrubs, trees, perennials, vines, etc to buy and it's hard to carry them around in your arms!! Luckily hubby was with me, but he was weighted down early on with a rhodo and lilac. I am glad I got to experience it at least once. And Smiley, guess who was there to take in the event? Our very own Mike McCardell from Global News!
smiley_face2 photos
Posted: May/02/2006 5:02 AM PST

Hey that's cool!! I see it every year on the news...it's so funny when they open and all those people are running with their wagons and wheelbarrows!! glad you got some plants!! maybe next year if they have the garden show again, we can meet up there for a visit!
lovetheflowers
Posted: May/02/2006 7:14 AM PST

My day was not that productive, although I worked most of the day, took a power nap around 2 p.m. and from there it went down hill, because the power nap didn't work! I have my own business, so I'm at the computer lots of days at 3-4 a.m. and around 7 a.m. stroll the garden looking for new sprouts. By 9 a.m. I'm usually on the road for appointments and by noon, back to the computer, but not before I take another stroll in the garden, and/or water. Today doesn't look any more interesting. When it gets warmer I want to scrub and hose off my front porch and put my hot pink petunias in wicker baskets. Nights are still chilly here.
pennyandrusty
Posted: May/02/2006 3:55 PM PST

Smiley, that sounds like a good plan to meet up next year!

LTF, I don't do well after naps during the day. I always wake up with a headache, so I try not to take them, but some days, your eyes just can't stay open!!
Jules photos
Posted: May/02/2006 5:41 PM PST

Oh WOW - that would be a sale worth going too....I so love the Van Duesen gardens. I usually visited my father in Vancouver in May, so could enjoy my visit at these the gardens and see all the beautiful rhodos.
kenw photos
Posted: May/02/2006 5:50 PM PST

a great day compared to some recent ones actually. I have determined thru contacts that I WILL get an offer on the new job soon.

Today, tho, I'm procrastinating mowing the lawn.....
Page 1 of 3[123 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account