Page 1 of 2[12 Last

Red Tubes in Mulch from white "egg-like" sacs

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
sweettater
Posted: Apr/21/2006 10:20 PM PST

I am not much of a gardener--so I hope someone has seen these things and can tell me what I have. I have thick mulch around my home in Nashville, TN. The mulch is full of white egg shaped sacs a couple of inches below the surface that mature to project a red tube. The red tube is very "vascular"--wet and easily broken. The tube has a small opening at the tip. I attached some pictures.

Attachments:

Sweetpea
Posted: Apr/22/2006 2:09 AM PST

No kidding!? Never heard of that before. You shall now be known as, 'Ron, the Wise One'.
treeman blog photos
Posted: Apr/22/2006 2:37 AM PST

Looks to me like a fungus bent on world domination! Beware of those red tubes. if you let them burrow into you, you will turn into a passle of the white sacs and, in time, sprout your own tubes. Its a very subtle critter that tube fungus is. Has any one gone missing in your neighbor hood recently? Perhaps a pet cat or dog?

I'd watch out for that 'Ron the Wise One' too. I think he's an agent of the red tube fungi going around assuring us all is alright, while they covertly 'tube' us and sap our strength. Yeah I think that Ron guy is out to lead us into their out stretched tubes. In fact you better watch out for everyone here come to think of it. You never can tell who who's been tubed......

Welcome to Garden Guides Tater from Nashville. (Just keep your eye peeled.)
Sweetpea
Posted: Apr/22/2006 3:10 AM PST

*stands behind Treeman to hide from 'Ron the Wise One'
scarezimof blog photos
Posted: Apr/22/2006 9:23 AM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by treeman
Looks to me like a fungus bent on world domination! Beware of those red tubes. Has any one gone missing in your neighbor hood recently? Perhaps a pet cat or dog?

God Wes, you [I]scare[/I] me.......... ROTFLMAO, omg, my sides!!

Attachments:

swindyi
Posted: Apr/22/2006 10:45 AM PST

sweettatar I have those coming up in my mulch , I thought there was an excited Garden Gnome buried in the mulch.
swindyi
sashweezy
Posted: Apr/22/2006 11:25 AM PST

Sweettater, I think you have just been initiated into GG. Welcome!

I had no clue what those things were too. Just wish I didn't have a mouthful of tea when reading Swyndyi's post.
swindyi
Posted: Apr/23/2006 12:33 PM PST

SAS sorry about the tea---I hope you turned your head from the puter while you were spraying lol
swindyi
sashweezy
Posted: Apr/23/2006 2:35 PM PST

I didn't spray, just choked...............did you know that tea can come out your nose?
Herbyann
Posted: Apr/23/2006 8:14 PM PST

LOL It happens a lot on GG lol Jus about everything has came thro our noses at one time or another. lol lol Coffee and wine are both nasty!! giggle giggle
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account