Page 1 of 3[123 Last

WANTED-Mother-in-Laws-Tounge

Most Active Topic:
Member Message
Jewel
Posted: Apr/06/2006 2:01 PM PST

I am searching for a mother-in-laws-tounge plant cutting. I've been searching for years and hopefully I'll find one here. Thanks.
prettylady
Posted: Apr/06/2006 2:03 PM PST

Jewel I have plenty that i would be glad to share with you for shipping..
PM me..

Peggy
Wildie
Posted: Apr/06/2006 2:57 PM PST

Jewel, just so you know...
If you start a new plant from cuttings the plant will be solid green and not have the "whitish" strip around the edges. If you want the "edging" you need to divide to start a new plant.
Briarwoods photos
Posted: Apr/06/2006 2:58 PM PST

LOL! From the title I thought Jewel hated her MIL..
Jewel
Posted: Apr/06/2006 4:52 PM PST

Kat lol that maybe very true lol shhhhhhhhh but I love the plant.lol. I don't mind not having the whiteness Wildie. I just like the shape. Saw a huge one about 6' high and fell in love.
Wildie
Posted: Apr/07/2006 12:46 PM PST

LOL The reason the Sansavarian has the common name "mother-in-law tongue", is it's severly poisonious, and the joke is if you hated your M-I-L, you just slip a small (1"square piece) of the plant into her food, and it'll paralize her throat causing her not to be able to breathe, and kill her.
My M-I-L was visiting and asked what it was, and then wondered why it was called that. So I researched it online, and told her. B4 every meal she inspects the plant and makes sure I see her. WE have a great laugh over it!
Jewel
Posted: Apr/07/2006 1:11 PM PST

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildie
LOL The reason the Sansavarian has the common name "mother-in-law tongue", is it's severly poisonious, and the joke is if you hated your M-I-L, you just slip a small (1"square piece) of the plant into her food, and it'll paralize her throat causing her not to be able to breathe, and kill her.
My M-I-L was visiting and asked what it was, and then wondered why it was called that. So I researched it online, and told her. B4 every meal she inspects the plant and makes sure I see her. WE have a great laugh over it!

I'm glad to learn that fact because with small kids it's probably best that I don't have one.
Wildie
Posted: Apr/07/2006 3:26 PM PST

Jewel, I've got kidlets, and a 6" pot of the plant... I just have it way up on a shelf, where I can barely reach it. A couple of the spikes are brushing the ceiling, not sure what I'm going to do with it in a bit, b/c I don't feel comfortable bringing it much lower...
Daisy
Posted: Apr/07/2006 4:06 PM PST

You can have my MIL's tongue. Unfortunately you'd have to take the rest of her too, as it is still attached to her!
IR2agardner
Posted: Apr/07/2006 5:32 PM PST

Hear! Hear! Daisy! Mine was peaches and cream until she found out her son and I were serious! She gave us matching vacumn cleaners for Christmas the year we got engaged - and no they weren't his and hers!
Page 1 of 3[123 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account