Bookmark and Share

Page 1 of 2[12 Last

Datura

Most Active Topic:
Most Recent Topic:
Member Message
flowerpower
Posted: Mar/18/2006 12:50 PM PST

Someone gave me seeds for a lt purple datura. When do I start these? Indoor, right? Do they take a long time to germinate? Any advice is appreciated.Thanks

flowerpower
vegemm photos
Posted: Mar/18/2006 1:04 PM PST

I also was given some datura seeds....actually several...five different ones ...I started the seeds about three week ago ...indoors...well in the greenhouse ...all have germinated now...some only took 5 or 6 days and two types took two weeks...I will have to look to see which ones took the longest...but to cold and dark right now to go out and look...I am wondering when I should put them in the ground...and will they do well in containers also?...how big of container should I use?...and can I use compost tea to feed?...I am Organic so don't say miracle grow please...as that is not Organic......hope you don't mind me adding a few questions to your thread flowerpower
cazimere photos
Posted: Mar/18/2006 5:05 PM PST

I just planted Datura seed i saved from last year. Treat them like you would tomato plants. They are related, so they won't mind. Germination 5 to 60 days, depending on type and conditions.
flowerpower
Posted: Mar/19/2006 11:37 AM PST

Thanks, Caz. I appreciate it.

Vegemm, Ask away! I have never grown them either, so I'd like to hear more about them. I think the flowers are so cool looking.
vegemm photos
Posted: Mar/20/2006 3:00 AM PST

Thanks Flower...I wrote down th eones I started todya ...but left the list out in the greenhouse...:o ...you know your old when you go out to write a list ...set it down to turn the heater and light off...and walk out with out the list...Oh wrong thread sorry...anyways I do remember three of them...I have white and double yellow and double purple...I think that was it ..so do each take different types of care?
flowerpower
Posted: Mar/20/2006 7:56 PM PST

I am following the ''treat it like a tomato'' method. I only started 8 seeds. In 2weeks I will start a few more, if I do not see at least one germinate.
flowerpower
Posted: May/22/2006 11:04 AM PST

OK I ended up with 5 little seedlings. They only have 2 sets of leaves each. How big should I expect these plants to get? Some varieties are 7 ft? I would like to keep at least one in a pot. Any suggestions?
Rashell blog photos
Posted: Apr/23/2008 2:55 PM PST

I planted mine January. Only 4 purple are showing. What did I do wrong...I don't know.

Should i plant the purple in a pot or should I wait till they grow some more?

Attachments:

yardgranny6 blog photos
Posted: Apr/23/2008 5:48 PM PST

These plants are so prolific with their reseeding, I wonder if you just wait until it gets good and warm and put them in the ground. I have had one double purple Datura but I didn't like the reseeding. Otherwise they are really beautiful.
Linda B
MamaBearBSA photos
Posted: Apr/23/2008 7:24 PM PST

I would wait to transplant the ones you have until they have at least one true set of leaves.
Page 1 of 2[12 Last
Read Next Discussion
You must be a registered member to participate in the forums. Login or register below.

or Create an account