I wanted to give everyone an update on some of the wonderful things happening in our garden this year. For starters... the iris my mom gave me last year bloomed, and... drum roll... IT'S WHITE! (not purple... hehe) Here is the first bloom. Enjoy photo #1.
Second, I wanted to show you the amazing rose that has been here since we moved in. It is starting to put on some size, oblivious of my neglect. It has wowed me this year. Enjoy photo #2.
Third, cute little ladybug hanging out in the flowers. Just had to include it. Enjoy photo #3.
And last, but not least, is the Sunchokes that I planted about 2 months ago. I have a feeling they will be exactly what the package listed... 6 to 9 feet high! Enjoy photo #4.
Well that about does it, I have posted a ton of new photos to my calendars if you want to see more. Happy Gardening.
Well Happy Mother's Day to all of you proud, strong, loving, passionate Mothers out there today. I had a great day, did what I love most. Attended a beautiful service this morning where we honored Mary our guiding Mother as well as all Mothers. Then had a great lunch and worked in the yard on the new bed and walkway. Took some time to visit our local garden center and my husband bought me a beautiful new blue glaze pot. Came back home an read a book for awhile. Painted and had craft time with my 4 year old daughter. Then we worked out in the garden together. We managed to get a ton of stuff planted and watered in. Here are some photos of the "Fairy" craft we made. We also made little "Fairy" boats out of some seed pods left over from the fall.
Again Happy Mother's Day and Happy Gardening to all!
So as promised, here are some updated photos that I took of the new
bed on the South side of our house. The first big step was getting the
gate area soil graded to slope away from the house and to keep the water
flowing in the right direction. Currently I have just pointed the down
spout in the direction I want the water to flow, but will most likely
invest in a more permanent solution as we move forward.
Second we needed to have the utility lines marked and as it turns out we really only have to worry about the gas line.
Once the utility lines were marked we outlined our anticipated bed shape with some marking paint.