So when I was out yesterday taking new photos I noticed that my rose is having some problems. I didn't get a close look at it yesterday, but today when I was taking new photos of the problem it looks like rust. Can anyone give advice about how to treat this issue?
Here are some updated photos of how things are shaping up. The first is as a followup to my post "Pruner's Remorse." The Rose Society was right, I didn't kill it, which makes me happy. Although I noticed some spots on the leaves. I will have to take better pictures of just the leaves tomorrow and post them in the forums.
Next photo is along the North side of the garage. The hostas will need to be divided again next year. The columbine didn't come back quite as strong this year so I will let it seed itself out. Also will have to followup this post in a few weeks as the Lily patch will be blooming. These are the old lilies, tiger lilies I think.
In the back yard the hostas are coming up nicely as well. I should be able to afford to fill in all the holes next year.
This last photo isn't the greatest representation, but I'll post it anyway. I think that this is a Egyptian Walking Onion. Now, we have been in our house for 3 years, I didn't plant this and I have no idea how it wound up in my garden, but I have decided to keep it. And as a bonus, it is edible.
So I realized today that I had not posted photos or a blog entry in all of May and noticed that June is going fast. Here is the most recent set of photos I took. The mystery plant is not a peony. Here is the photo of it all grown up. It is in full shade.
Last year my mom sent some of her "Minchow" Iris divisions in a large bag. I cleaned them up and planted as many as I could then hoped for the best. Out of the newly planted (last fall) I had 3 sets bloom. They all looked like the one below. However my mom claims there should be some yellow ones. I will have to wait til next year to find out!
Lastly my vegetable garden is doing well. I have decided that I will not try radishes again next year. This is the third year that they have failed miserably in my garden and I am tired of trying. Other things are doing really well. The peppers are in and growing along with the 5 tomato plants. I have been harvesting lettuce for 3-4 weeks and I just started harvesting the sugar snap peas last week. My daughter has decided that mommy doesn't get any and proceeds to eat them faster than I can pick them. We have had lots of storms this week and some strong winds. I went out on Monday to find all of my peas knocked over. I propped them up as best as I could, hopefully they will continue to produce. Anyway, here is the pic of the peas and lettuce patch.