The weather finally cooperated (for a couple of days) and I was able to get outside and dig some things up! And put some things in. I finally got our peony bed dug out (and planted some Swiss Chard, beets, cilantro and dill among the peonies that were finally starting to come up).
I planted some kale starts (red, italian and wild) and those went into three different beds (planted with some garlic) - and they are spaced apart pretty well so it should be easy to control the slug population. . .always a problem with leafy greens in our yard. . .
I also put in some blueberries into some tires on the other side of our yard (where the sunflowers, potatoes and corn will eventually go, amidst some small flowers), and I sowed some colombines, daikon radish, culinary poppies and my 4th different try for purple coneflower. If none of my purple coneflower comes up, I'll break down and buy the plant so I wont have to deal with this again!.
So as of right now, ALL of our beds have something worthwhile in them (and growing!) and all I have left to prepare is the beds onthe other side of the yard, and do some maintenance in the herb bed (which won't be the herb bed when I'm done with it). And then I can start inside and on our deck.